FAQ’s for contract workers
- I cannot go to work today, who do I contact?
Please call your office sick line and inform your recruiter
- How and when will I get paid?
You will be paid via BACS every Friday for the week you previously worked. Please note, however that you will only be paid if you submit your hours by 10am on the Monday after the week you worked. You need to submit your hours either by sending in your paper timesheet or through the GEMS online portal.
- How do I submit my timesheets?
You do this via GEMS on a weekly basis. Please watch this video on how to submit your hours on GEMS. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDZoITNQDYY
- When do I get my GEMS Payroll login?
These will be emailed to you at the latest on the Thursday of your first week at work. Please check your spam. If you do not receive this email or do not action this email in time please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a new email.
- My GEMS Payroll login details are not working?
Please email simplicity at email@example.com or call 01594 372111 – option 1
- Can I include holidays and/or sickness on my timesheets?
No, please see a further FAQ on information about sickness and the process to follow for holiday
- How can I amend the hours submitted on my timesheets if I made an error?
You cannot but please inform your line manager as they will be bale to make these amendments for you before approving.
- What is the deadline for Timesheet submission?
10am on the Monday after the week you have been paid. It is best practise to do this on Sunday.
- What happens if I miss this deadline?
If you do not submit on time, you will not be paid but if you submit 2 weeks on the following payroll and these will then be reviewed and approved by the client for payment.
- I cannot see my timesheets?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and they will look into this for you
- I would like a copy of my contract, where can I find it?
You can find a copy of your contract at https://lrp.jobs/terms-of-engagement/ password LRP2020
- How do I claim sick pay?
As a contract worker you are guided by the terms of engagement you agreed to as part of the application process to start working through Logical Recruitment Partners. Within the terms of engagement sick pay will not be paid, clause 8.1
- How do I take holiday, what is the process?
You will first need to contact your line manager and confirm that they will authorise the holiday, once this is done please email your requirements to email@example.com and we will process this against the time you have accrued.
- How is my holiday calculated?
Holiday pay is calculated at 12.07% of your hourly pay, for example:
If you earn £9.50 per hour you will be paid £1.146 in holiday pay per hour.
Over a week this works out to £42.99 and over 12 weeks £515.99, if you work a full 12 weeks.
- Where can I find out how many holiday days I have left?
At the bottom of your payslip you will find the balance of your accrued holidays, this is calculated at 12.07%
- The client offered me a holiday day, so why do I have to take this from my holiday allowance?
You are welcome to take this as unpaid if you want but the client has approved this as holiday to take.
- What happens to my accrued holiday at the end of the year (i.e. does it transfer over to next year or does it need to be used)?
The holiday year under your terms of engagement is either Jan-December or from the date you started work and you accrue holiday from the day you start working. You must claim your holiday within the holiday year, if you do not then the entitlement is lost. For example, if you start working on 20th November for 3 months then you must request the holiday entitlement accrued up until 31st December before 31st December. The remaining holiday will be accrued in the new year and can be taken before the end of the following holiday year. If you do not claim your holiday within the fixed holiday year then it will be lost. To claim holiday as a monetary amount you simply need to email firstname.lastname@example.org and request this.
- What is my overtime rate?
This will be included on your offer email if there is overtime included in your contract. If there is not, then there is no overtime as part of your contract
- What documents are needed to ensure payroll can set me up on the right tax code so that my tax is correct?
We need the LRP application form as well as having a P-45 dated within the last 3 months or an HMRC starter checklist completed before the day you start.
- I have questions about my tax code, payments and its calculations?
Please contact payroll@simplicityinbusiness and they will explain this as it’s based on your personal circumstances.
- The hours paid do not match what I submitted – why?
If you are using electronic timesheets, prior to approval the client may choose to amend your hours if they disagree with what was submitted, please contact your line manager to address any questions about this.
- I cannot open my payslip – what is the password?
Your username is your email address, and your password is your date of birth as follows (ddmmyyyy) if you are still experiencing issues please email email@example.com
- I can see a pension deduction on my payslip – what is this about?
As you have been working through Logical Recruitment Partners 12 weeks you are legally entitled to accrue a pension, which is provided for you by NEST, our pension provider. If you are happy with this arrangement, then there is no further action required. You have already received emails from NEST regarding this.
If, however you want to opt out of this please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you the relevant information on how to do this but please bear in mind that we at Logical cannot opt you out and you must contact NEST directly.
- I do not want to be deducted pension contributions – how can this be cancelled?
You will need to contact NEST directly to organise this
- If my pension is cancelled – how do I get my money back?
If you cancel within the 30 days of noticing this payment then you will be refunded but if you do not then the payments will be stored until your retirement, when you will be able to claim them.
- I’m having IT issues, who do I contact?
The IT help desk at your employer’s office. If you do not know this number, please contact your recruitment agent.
- I’m trying to complete the Docusign but am not getting confirmation that it was processed – who do I call for help?
You will need to contact the recruiter at Logical to get this looked at.
- My equipment was not received – who do I contact?
You will need to contact your recruiter who will give you the details of the IT department at the client.
- My equipment is not working – who do I contact?
Please contact your Logical Recruitment agent who will give you the number to call.
- I have been informed that as of date x I will become a permanent member of staff at Client x – what is the process from here in terms of last pay, holiday pay, etc?
Congratulations! Firstly, please email email@example.com informing us of this change.
You must submit your timesheets up until the last day you have worked, if you wish to have your accrued balance paid you must email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Note this payment will only take place one week after the final payment to ensure the last 12.07% is added.